Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's the deal with Ed Asner and my subconscious???
Yes, I had another Ed dream.


He was working at my local Starbucks and he had to wear a hair net. A hair net? Really? The man has no hair on his head that would require a net. His back? Oh yeah.
He saw me and yelled, "Hey friend! The usual?"
I gave him the thumbs up and he handed me a tall, triple shot, soy chai latte. I said cheers, high-fived him, and sat down in a comfy chair with a parenting magazine. Ed told me to read the article he wrote about crafting with kids.
Bizarre on so many levels...
wha???? SOY??? Blorf.
That crap is the work of the devil! Chai? ugh. Not so much. And a triple shot? I don't do caffeine ~ shocker, I know, but I haven't for years. I'm just naturally spazzy and charming all on my own!
Now you'd think I'd be all weirded out by Ed, but actually it's the whole drink thing that left me wobbly.
Uh-oh. Maybe I'm starting to channel a hipster soccer mom.
Bwahahaha. I couldn't even type that with a straight face!
But back to the dream : The article on crafting with kids? He was actually using kids. There were pictures of kids covered in brightly painted macaroni, mosaics done with buttons all over their faces. BIZARRE.
Ed, I have no idea what wisdom you were trying to impart with that last dream, but as my unofficial living spirit guide/odd guru I'd appreciate it if you made me a decaf caramel machiatto next time.



Right. So on to the next bit oddness.
Dick Clark died. Is it wrong that I thought he was already dead?  My bad.
You were cool. The eternal teen without all the emo angst.

After hearing te news of his demise, I had to check on old Abe Vigoda. He's surely gone by now.

Nope.

http://www.abevigoda.com/

This site keeps track of him.
Rock on, Abe. You are a weird old dude, but I like ya. Don't start showing up in my dreams, though.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I do not eat compressed meat products in aspic and I do not like wiping the salty pork product from the blog. In other words...ixnay on the amspay.