Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Shameless self promotion time! WOOT, WOOT, WOOOOOOT!

I've added another whack of stories to Amazon.




DEADLINE: a collection of moments (yes...that is a link)


Here's the promo from Amazon:

We all have moments in our lives that define who we are in an instant. Moments of regret, fear, indecision, hope...
This 21,800 word collection of six short Horror/Science Fiction/Fantasy stories focuses on those moments, those choices, those instances where everything moves so fast it almost seems to happen in slow motion.

Contains some adult language, gore, violence, and general ick.

Deadline - What if you knew the world was going to end? Would you tell? Earl Pickett has seen the signs, but then he receives a cryptic warning in the mail. It's already too late to save anyone at all.

Heavy Clouds, No rain -- A day trip out of the city to escape a heatwave becomes a race for survival for two sisters trapped in gridlock. Their world is changed in an instant when the clouds overhead finally unleash the storm...

The Holiday: A holiday to New York City is the trip from hell for a family from Ireland. It just won't end...

Manaan : Things happen in the magic time, the time of change...but only if you don't fear the moment.

Big Boy: It takes a village to raise a child. But it takes a witch to feed that entire village to Big Boy. A mother's love knows no boundary.

Who'd Mourn for Henry Biddle?: A bitter, abusive old man, recently widowed and alone in his cabin the Maine woods, is trapped with his worst nightmare made real. In the end, who would mourn for mean old Henry Biddle?

This collection of short stories runs the gamut of soft science fiction to horror, with poignant moments in between.


Some of my favorite stories are there.
I'm particularly fond of DEADLINE. Damn if it doesn't make me sniffle every time I read it. Jayzuss I'm a soppy simian sometimes (filled with the alliteration blues).

THE HOLIDAY is my homage to Stephen King. He said a horror writer needs to write at least one ghost story set in a hotel room.  So I did. There it is then. I'm quite fond of it, too.

HEAVY CLOUDS, NO RAIN  was inspired by a horror writing prompt from the good horror hounds over at Absolutewrite.com.

I wrote MANAAN twenty years ago after a strange encounter in Old Town. Yeah...it happened. I took some artistic license, but to this day I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

BIG BOY just makes me grin wickedly.

And finally, WHO'D MOURN FOR HENRY BIDDLE, ah...I adore that story. It came from a dream. And no, the part of Henry Biddle will not be played by Ed Asner in the big screen adaptation.
Abe Vigoda? Maybe.


That's all I've got this time, folks. No clever isms, rants, snarks, or boo-boo lip to share.
Well, except for this gem.

I'm going to kill that god damned woodpecker if it's the last thing I do. BRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPP.
It must be suicidal. It has to be. Call me Doc Kevorkian, Mr. Woodpecker. I'll do it right.
Perhaps I am becoming unhinged.

Artist link for BizarreJuJu at Deviant Art.


Right, so, okay. It's sleepy time for this bad monkey. Check out my new book, maybe buy a copy, or borrow it from the Kindle Library. I'd appreciate it ever so much, my acolytes of the odd. It keeps me in Caramel Machiattos. mmmmmmmm.

Ta, darlings.
Squish squish and all that rot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I do not eat compressed meat products in aspic and I do not like wiping the salty pork product from the blog. In other words...ixnay on the amspay.