Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Monday, March 12, 2012

I realized that I still haven't ranted about a certain publishing house that I (in my opinion therefore considered freedom of speech -- nya nya) think is run by total douche canoes.

There has been quite the kerfuffle over at Dorchester Publishing/Leisure Books.

In 2009/2010 they apparently stopped paying their authors. How yucky is that?

Brian Keene, author of Ghoul and other spooky tales, took his fight to the web.
Read his blog for a great timeline and recap.
There is also an amazing post stream at Absolutewrite.com here. Apparently there's some hinky dink maneuvering and shenanigans by Dorchester owners to auction off rights to books that they don't actually own. Yeah. That's a sleazy thing to do.

I thought about submitting to Dorchester back in 2007. I'm so very glad that I didn't! My heart goes out to all of the authors fighting to get their rights reverted back.

This monkey has your back...it's not much in the grand scheme of things, but every little ounce of mojo helps.

Dear reader, if you see a title offered from Dorchester/Leisure... don't buy it. Send a message to this unethical publisher that you don't support the thieving of authors' hard work. 

Contact the company and ask why they are still selling books they don't own rights to.

Support these authors~ 

Off my soapbox.
Here's to you, dorkchester.

You've teed off a smoking monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I do not eat compressed meat products in aspic and I do not like wiping the salty pork product from the blog. In other words...ixnay on the amspay.