Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Writing is so much cheaper than therapy, and you can drink while you do it!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oy! It's been forever since I posted a blog here.
Many apologies.
Walking pneumonia and The Walking Dead have taken a toll on my creativity lately.
And let me tell you that combing snot out of tangled monkey fur is time consuming!
TMI? Probably. Here's a stick to poke out your mind's eye. Snerk.
I did manage to do a guest blog post at Diane Dooley's blog about Women in Horror month. I enjoyed it! The funny thing is that I was so sick I actually don't remember writing it! Ha!
I had to go back and read what I sent her...apparently I do some of my best stream of consciousness with a high fever.

Walking pneumonia. Not fun. The Walking Dead? A guilty pleasure. Holy crap is that show totally Fecked in the head.  The second season has dragged a bit (budget cuts and no Durabont), but it's had its moments. Especially the last episode on Sunday night. Holy crud on a cracker.  I won't spoil it for you if you haven't been keeping up,  but I will say the group lost a little bit of their humanity. Ayup. Big time.

This sick monkey loves me some zombies.

(Pic borrowed from this blog --http://deathbysketches.blogspot.com/2010/08/marks-zombie-monkey.html)

Now...on to the Women in Horror month that was February. I missed most of it being inches from death -- oh, le sigh...whine, whine, whine -- but I wanted to mention one woman in horror that's done a fantastic job in 2011 and 2012 so far.

SERA GAMBLE. She's the executive producer (and writer) of Supernatural on the CW. I think she's done a great job with the show since she took over.  So kudos to you, Sera!

She was a finalist on Project Greenlight 2, and has been with Supernatural since the beginning. She stepped into Eric Kripke's shoes for season six and has continued to make the show both creepy and funny. Her IMDB page is a bit lacking, but here's a link to her wiki page :Everything Sera Gamble!

She gets a big monkey thumbs up from me.

Right. So there it is then.
Writing and coughing and writing some more, that's what I've been doing! The graphic novel is almost done. Yipee! I have some more shorts stories that are going up on Amazon soon. So buy them. Please. Monkey needs her starbucks.

Aren't I pleasant today? I've been informed that I'm a bit cross lately. Meh. Whatever. So I'm being cheery...just for you guys! Today only. Snark and sarcasm saved up for the next post where I will reveal a phobia of mine. It's wrong. So very wrong. And I know I'm going to hell for this fear, but hey...I can't help it.

Here's a preview : ACHONDROPLASIAPHOBIA.
Look it up. I've got delightfully dark and black humor stories saved up about my random encounters.

I'm a bad person. Heh.

Stay cheeky.

Foinah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I do not eat compressed meat products in aspic and I do not like wiping the salty pork product from the blog. In other words...ixnay on the amspay.